When I first came across the word, 'Aromatherapy', I thought it is a misnomer because I was under assumption that therapy is something to with physical touch by human hands.
My myth was busted when I first undertook a eucalyptus vapor treatment. It is a fine example of aromatherapy.
Fragrance emanating from plant oils are used for cosmetics purposes as well as physical and mental health.
The word aroma implies the process of inhaling the scents from these oils into your lungs for therapeutic benefit.
A few amazing and less known facts of aromatherapy:* When the bubonic plague hit in the 14th century, thousands of people perished. later, aromas were used to ward off the deadly disease.
* Remember the popular nursery rhyme, “Ring Around the Roses”? It actually refers to aromatherapy. The lines, “a pocket full of posies” allegedly refers to keeping the flower in ones pocket in an attempt to keep the illness away.
* Lavender essential oil is the most used plant oil for both cosmetic and physical healing. It heals wounds of burn healed rapidly and also leaves no scope for scar!
* Aroma oils should be always kept in dark glass bottles.
* All aroma oils are not actually oils. Yes, another misnomer!
* Diabetics should not use angelica, a native herb of Lapland.
If you want to know more about aromatic oils, their pros and cons, please pay me $3. Yes, just $3 and I will give an amazing ebook full of information on aromatherapy.