Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Regency’s allure.

I was pondering over a question raised by the mother of one of my students; her question was whether she can encourage her daughter’s aspiration to become a beautician. The question bothered me because she used to score very good marks in mathematics and I, as a math teacher want her to hone her mathematics skills further and become an academician like me.

It seems she had informed her mother to send her to one of the beauty schools in indiana run by the famous Regency Beauty Institute that was founded in Minneapolis almost 50 years ago.

Regency has a growing network of campuses and placement relationships, from salons to cruise ships and runways.

My student has somehow got the information that Regency graduates are recognized and sought after throughout the United States.

As her teacher, I promised her that I will write to Kim Radetzki-Brosdahl, Vice President-Marketing, for more information.

Beauty is now obviously more than skin deep.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I would say, study mathematics.
Our society is making her chose a money opportunity. Unfortunately everything is measured according to your bank account and not to your real knowledge.