Sunday, February 04, 2007

Meet Eknath Easwaran.

The Power of Now is again goading me to look at the teachings of Eknath Easwaran.

If you are a follower and fan of Eckhart Tolle, you will agree with me on the above statement when you read the passage below taken from the web site of Easwaran.

"We think that past and future are real because the mind keeps brooding over what we have done and what others have done to us, what we will do and what others will do to us. But it is not past and future that are real; it is our brooding on the past and the future that is real. If we could withdraw our attention from these ghosts, many of our problems would simply dissolve".

Back to Tolle:
"Whatever has happened in the past has happened now. Whatever is going to happen in the future is going to happen now."

This is what I am trying to practice but only with 50% success.
"Every moment is unique and discrete. When our concentration is complete, we rest completely in the present. Then we do not live in time, we live in eternity."

But I am disturbed at one aspect in his website. When I tried to fill up my address in the form to subscribe to his newsletter, I don't find any of the states in India and he is from my very own state of Tamilnadu.
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: