Friday, June 30, 2006

Who will win the FIFA world cup?

Working out various permutations and combinations, pouring over history and statistics, arguing and debating in bars and restaurants, every possible result is being arrived at. At least this is what I am reading in newspapers.

May be I am the odd woman out amidst this crazy following.
I am at a financial loss due to the recent gold price fluctuation.

There are several attempts to cheer me up by making me accept that I have not truly lost any cash but only made a small loss against profit since my present bullion holding was bought years ago for a very small price when compared to the current price.

But tell me sir; a loss is a loss-isn’t it?
One thing that truly pepped me up is general envy among my friends that I had been wise to have diversified my investment portfolio in precious metals apart from stocks and shares and immovable assets.

I remember reading long ago that political uncertainties, and frequent change of Govt policies is sure to affect the economy of the common man more than the Govt.

The advantages of investing in bullion market:
Easy liquidity
Insured against decline in the value of national currency
Assured price appreciation

A simple proof as told by the web release for Silver:

“When you were able to buy gas for only 25-cents a gallon, you could take a dollar down to the gas station and buy four gallons for a buck! At that time our dollar was backed by REAL money, real silver. Guess what? That same amount of silver still buys four gallons of gas! That just shows that real money like gold and silver holds its value and it is the green paper money that is now worth a lot less.”

Monex has this data in their site:
“Do you know the price of gold increased approximately 6% in 2004, while the price of silver increased over 15%.”
Since 1967, well over one hundred thousand investors have purchased billions of dollars of gold, silver, platinum and palladium bullion coins, worth over $25 billion from Monex, one of the country's oldest, largest and most experienced firms specializing in precious metals for the individual investor.
Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: