Saturday, June 30, 2007

The woes of a truck driver.

This happened several years ago. At that time, I just entered the Internet. I did not even have my own computer and used public Internet café.

I accidentally developed a contact online with a log distance truck driver named Michael. He was moving heavy equipments across Canada. Somehow we stuck a wonderful vibration and he went out of his way to help me in several matters online.

We lost touch with each other for some reasons. Suddenly out of nowhere, he contacted me over phone last week. He got my telephone number from the Internet.

He informed with a sad note that he no longer worked for that movers. They have closed down. The moving industry is known for such vagaries. Some moving companies will be in business one day and gone the next.

Then I suggested he approach the reputed Service Network that has tied with a fleet of Long Distance Moving Companies and they have networked with them after some filtering process. Only companies that have already earned a reputation are allowed to register with Service Network.

So, if he gets hired by Service Network, he will never be out of employment due to closures.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments: